Advocacy and Advice Bodies

The Ombudsman has to remain independent in considering complaints and cannot therefore act as an advocate for you. However, it may be that you may need help in making your complaint. If so, below are details of various advice and advocacy organisations who can assist.

Family Rights Group

Advice service and telephone helpline for parents and carers who have children in care or who are in contact with children's social care agencies.

Financial Assistance Scheme (Scheme Members)

PO Box 234
Mowden Hall
FAS offers help to some people who have lost out on their pension